“Work Progressing on the Memorial,” Niles Daily News, August 11, 1916. Retrieved 3.31.2015 from http://mckinley.advantage-preservation.com/
This article is a construction update on the work on the memorial. The John H. Parker Co. of New York (contractors) started work on only one new area in the past week: roofing. the roofing work was done by F.V. Schoedinger of Columbus and was to have been completed within four weeks/ The roofing consisted of copper and tar felt to be covered with tile. The tile was reinforced by these two waterproof layers and ensured permanency.
O.L. Foote, Representative of Cream City Sash and Door Company was in the city to measure the millwork on the Memorial to place sashes and doors in the building. Additionally, this company was allso in charge of interior decorating.