“Township Trustees to Get Headquarters in the New M’Kinley Memorial Building Conference of Trustees and Representatives of the City of Niles and McKinley Association Held in Judge Gillmer’s Office Last Night, When Proposed Contract is Gone Over.” Niles Daily News, August 18, 1915. Retrieved 7.7.2015 from http://mckinley.advantage-preservation.com/document/niles-daily-news-1915-08-18-page-1
According to this article, the Weathersfield Twp. Trustees were given permanent quarters in the National McKinley Birthplace Memorial building, because they donated the land on which the McKinley Memorial now stands. The old town hall had yet to be removed. The contract further stated that the City officials along with the trustees of the National McKinley Birthplace Memorial Association are to see to it that the township trustees are provided a permanent home.